Owning a rolling laptop bag is often considered a necessity for people who have to carry bulky documents and files daily. They are also useful for business professionals who travel frequently. Rolling laptop bags and briefcases make convenience and comfort top priority while retaining class and formality. Lugging a heavy briefcase around is extremely inconvenient regardless of the distance one has to cover.
However, a rolling laptop bag eliminates the stress attached with hauling large files, a laptop, and other work materials around.
For professionals that have to lug case files, documents and briefs around, rolling briefcases are a must-have. These briefcases have inevitably become the go-to option for frequent business travelers.
You could also compare the rolling briefcases and laptop bags on this list in this comparison chart here.
Selecting the Best Rolling Briefcases in October, 2019
| (Editor’s Choice) |
1. Solo New York Walker Rolling
17 x 13 x 6.2 inches
|2. Solo New York Franklin|
16.8 x 7 x 13 inches
3. Samsonite Wheeled Case
10.2 x 18.2 x 15.2 inches
|4. Samsonite 10392|
12 x 14.5 x 12.5 inches
|5. Samsonite Mobile Office|
16.5 x 8.5 x 15.8 inches
|6. Swissgear Granada|
10 x 16.5 x 16.9 inches
|7. Wenger Luggage Patriot|
16.5 x 13.5 x 9 inches
|8. Samsonite Business Case|
8 x 16.5 x 13.2 inches
|9. Solo Lincoln Rolling Case|
18 x 13 x 8.5 inches
|10. Solo New York Bryant|
14.8 x 8.8 x 8.8 inches
1. Solo New York Walker Rolling Laptop Bag – Best All Round Product
Solo Manufacturers is a company that was created in 2008 to revive the dwindling luggage industry. Most of their inspiration is gotten from the daily hustle and bustle of New York. This explains why their design is unique to the city. However, this does not limit their versatile bags to only New York.
One of our favorite products is the Solo New York Walker Rolling Laptop Bag. It is excellent for business travel and a regular commute.
It has a built-in cushioned laptop compartment with tight straps to secure up to a 15.6-inch laptop. Its sturdy glide wheels also ensure easy navigation from one place to another.
2. Solo New York Franklin Rolling Laptop Bag – Best Rolling Briefcase with a compact design
This is another beautiful product of the Solo design team. The Solo New York Franklin Rolling Laptop Bag takes its name from one of America’s founding fathers, Benjamin Franklin. It is perfect for daily office commute and business travel. The cushioned compartment secures up to a 15.6-inch laptop.
The bag has large compartments to hold bulky documents, files, and other work materials. It also has two front zippered compartments to hold smaller business essentials.
The Franklin rolling laptop bag has a retractable and detachable telescoping handle and wheel system. It comes with two padded top handles, which make it easy to carry.
3. Samsonite Wheeled Catalog Case – Best Product with secure locks
Samsonite is one of the most popular and top selling brands in the luggage industry. It has a wide selection of luggage collections suitable for different kinds of people. A unique feature of this brand is how light its bags are. However, they are pretty sturdy and can withstand long-term wear and tear.
The Samsonite Wheeled Catalog Case is perfect for carrying documents, files, and other work materials daily.
It is suitable for all types of people – students, business professionals, frequent business travelers, lawyers, etc. It comes with multiple compartments, which helps you stay organized on the go.
4. Samsonite 10392 Spinner Mobile – Best product with multiple organized compartments
This briefcase is another excellent product from a brand that lives up to its customers’ expectations. Moderately priced, professional, and functional, this rolling briefcase is designed to be a mobile office.
It is perfect for people who lug substantial documents, files, and books around. It is also helpful for overnight business travelers who like to travel light.
The Samsonite 10392 Spinner Mobile has a padded compartment that can accommodate a laptop up to 15.4 inches.
5. Samsonite Luggage Women’s Spinner Mobile Office – Best product with a front pocket
Founded in 1910, Samsonite is one of the oldest and most reliable luggage manufacturers. It offers the perfect combination of great designs, quality features, and fair prices. The Samsonite Luggage Women’s Spinner Mobile Office is no exception.
It is a stylish and efficient way of carrying work materials for travel or a daily commute. It blends style with functionality effortlessly. The Women’s Spinner has large spacious compartments to accommodate a laptop, binders, documents, and other business essentials.
This bag has a padded compartment which can accommodate a laptop up to 15.6 inches. It also comes with a padded accessory compartment. The four multi-directional wheels allow for easy navigation.
The bag is designed with a retractable push-button handle. The handle does not stick or look quite distinct from the bag, unlike other luggage. It is integrated into the structure of the bag.
6. Swissgear Grananda Rolling Case Nylon – Best rolling briefcase for overnight travel
Swiss gear is one of the most reliable luggage manufacturing companies. Their products are designed to suit different purposes. They are great for everyday use, as well as traveling and other occasions. The most remarkable thing about their products is the 10-year extended variety.
This bag is perfect for frequent business travelers. It combines class and durability, giving convenience a whole new definition. Although it has a softshell appearance, it can withstand long-term wear and tear.
The skate wheels allow for easy maneuverability across different surfaces. It also complies with carry-on luggage restrictions. It is very spacious with separate compartments to accommodate several devices.
7. Wenger Luggage Patriot Rolling 2 Piece – Best rolling briefcase with a matching protective case
Wenger is a company that has a wide range of products catering effectively for its customers’ needs across the globe. Although it initially started with manufacturing knives, it has recorded success in venturing into luggage carriers.
This bag is useful for day to day work hustle and business travel. It is a classic road warrior bag. It has an overnight compartment that can be used to store clothes or larger business items.
This rolling two-piece has a padded compartment that protects laptops up to 17 inches. The zippered pocket at the top of the bag allows for easy storage and access to essential items.
8. Samsonite 15.6-inch Classic Business Wheeled Business Case – Sturdiest rolling briefcase for long term use
Open elastic mesh pockets store toiletries and accessories. A separate padded compartment with small pockets is used to protect a laptop and other electronic devices.
Another compartment holds files, notebooks, and other work materials. It is crafted from lightweight, water-resistant fabric.
9. Solo Lincoln Rolling Catalog Case – Best cost-effective rolling briefcase
Again, the Solo design team has taken its mission of reviving the luggage industry to heart. The infusion of New York’s style with universality always makes their products remarkable. Most of their products are reasonably priced, and every cent is reported to be worth it.
This bag is perfect for on-the-go professionals. It is very roomy and can accommodate many devices, files, and documents. Its rugged exterior combines class and durability in a single package.
The rolling catalog case has a spacious main compartment that can accommodate more than a single laptop.
10. Solo New York Bryant – Most durable rolling briefcase
Its padded computer compartment can protect laptops up to 17.3 inches. Its front organizational pockets can be used to store different types of business essentials. The bag’s telescoping handle allows for easy navigation.
Best Rolling Briefcases And Laptop Bags – Buyer’s Guide
Switching from a traditional briefcase or regular laptop bag becomes less stressful when you examine the advantages of utilizing a rolling briefcase. They offer a compact way of keeping essential items safe and organized. They can be used to store a tablet or a laptop, files, documents, writing materials, and cash, to mention only a few.
With such a large variety of rolling briefcases available, finding the one most suited to your needs could be an exhausting task. Therefore, we have compiled this rolling briefcase buyer’s guide to help you understand the intricate details of the perfect rolling bag for you. Let’s take a look at the specifications and features that are worth exploring.
Who should use a rolling briefcase/laptop bag?
From students to professional workers, a rolling briefcase/laptop bag can be used by anyone. The methods of carrying devices and essential work gear have evolved with fashion and technology to become safer and more convenient.
Why should I use a rolling briefcase/laptop bag?
It is highly inconvenient to lug around a heavy briefcase, especially when you have to move from one place to another. It can cause your muscles to protest in pain, and you may end up looking tired and unprofessional before your day even starts. Thus, the usefulness of a rolling briefcase cannot be over-emphasized. It helps you stay organized and gives you easy access to all your work materials on the go.
Other benefits of using a rolling briefcase include an improved posture. Since you no longer have to lug heavy work materials to and fro, there is no pressure on your spine, and you can maintain a good posture.
Another benefit is enhanced mobility. A rolling briefcase reduces the stress and hassle of carrying multiple bags and stacks of files. Its sturdy wheels and retractable handle allow for smooth movement from one place to the other.
Key Considerations in selecting a rolling briefcase/laptop bag
Personal preferences, aesthetics, and fancy features are essential in choosing a suitable rolling briefcase. However, there are some fundamental considerations to keep in mind when buying your choice rolling briefcase. After researching and reviewing the top professional rolling briefcases available, we have discovered some of the primary considerations. These considerations include overall design, convenience, capacity, and security. Let us examine each factor in detail.
- Overall Design: Rolling briefcases come in different shapes, sizes, designs, and colors. Since most briefcases are used for work, a simple yet classy design in a neutral color might be a suitable option. Many stylish and compact designs would be perfect for any business professional. If you are unrepentantly into bright colors, you could pick a rolling briefcase with a brightly-colored interior. If you feel bold enough, you could opt for a rolling briefcase in your favorite color.
- Convenience: One of the primary advantages of a rolling briefcase is convenience. Therefore, it is pertinent to ensure that your briefcase eliminates all forms of inconvenience. Laptops, files, tablets, documents, and other essential work materials can become heavy to lug around. However, a rolling briefcase allows to carry your work essentials around easily. You need to ensure that the wheel and handle system of your rolling briefcase works perfectly. A great rolling briefcase should have two to four multi-directional wheels to enhance convenience. Some come with a shoulder strap to further enhance convenience.
- Capacity: This refers to how much of your items the briefcase can hold. Your briefcase needs to be large and spacious enough to accommodate all your daily work materials. It should have a compartment large enough to hold your laptop. A padded compartment or one with secure straps is best as it would help protect your laptop. It would be advisable to make a note of the dimensions of your laptop. This could help you select a briefcase that can accommodate it. Your rolling briefcase should also have separate compartments where you can store other items. If you are a frequent business traveler, a rolling briefcase with an overnight compartment may best be suited to you. It may also be helpful if you select a model with an organizer that allows you to store smaller business essentials.
- Security: You need to ensure that your rolling briefcase has a security mechanism in place to safeguard your work materials. If security is particularly vital to you, ensure that your rolling briefcase has a functional lock mechanism. Some briefcases are crafted from a material that is resistant to slashing or tearing. Some models may also have a hidden compartment to safeguard sensitive documents.
If the safety of your work materials is of utmost importance, ensure that the rolling briefcase you choose has some of these security features.
Rolling Briefcase/Laptop Bag Features
Here is an in-depth examination of some of the features available on many rolling briefcases on the market today.
- Retractable Wheel and Handle System: Most rolling briefcases come with smooth glide wheels that allow for easy navigation. They often have a telescopic handle that can be extended. You may want to select one with sturdy, multi-directional wheels to enable you to move quickly from one place to the other. Some wheel and handle systems are detachable to make the briefcase look more like a traditional one. It also makes them appear more portable.
- Travel-Friendly Feature: If you are a frequent business traveler, you may need to select an option that is checkpoint friendly. A checkpoint friendly rolling briefcase allows for easy scanning and search. You may also prefer one that is compact enough to fit into an airplane’s overhead compartment or under your seat. Also, a rolling briefcase with easy-access pockets that allow you to reach your travel essentials quickly is a great investment option.
- Padded Compartments: It is essential to ensure that your rolling briefcase comes with padded compartments to protect your electronic devices.
- Multiple compartments: Rolling briefcases are designed to be used by professionals who carry around a lot of documents. Nobody wants to have to turn out everything in a briefcase in search of one document. Therefore, it is important to look out for a briefcase with multiple compartments. That way, you can easily designate a particular compartment for different documents and other items.
- Construction Quality: Selecting a top quality rolling briefcase is crucial. Ensure that the model you choose has reliable zippers that can withstand constant tugging and pulling. Also, check to make sure that the briefcase has fine stitching and is not fraying. Most briefcases made from premium leather are usually classy and durable. Polyester is also another good fabric. It is easy to clean and relatively water-resistant. However, it is not as classy and elegant as leather. It is inadvisable to go for materials that cannot withstand wear and tear.
If you have been looking for a way to move documents from place to place without any hassle, then a rolling briefcase is the answer for you. These products are built to last. They can handle the wear that comes from using them constantly. Additionally, they are versatile. Rolling briefcases can also be used for emergency overnight travel. Everything you need, in one place!